Monday, December 11, 2006

Entertainment News: Halle Berry & Prince

Halle Soon to Release Album


Yes, Halle is a singer (yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either). The December issue of Ebony Magazine confirmed that Halle Berry will be releasing her self entitled album Halle in February 2007.

Halle told Ebony that,
“I’ve always loved to sing and this album will show people that I can do more than act.” (source)

Ummm, I guess! I love Halle, don't get me wrong and it's nice to branch out but why does every actress have to come out with an album? Maybe she was inspired from playing Dorothy Dandridge or something...I'm fishing here, help me make sense of this. Nothing more to say, what do you think?


Prince set to Perform at Super Bowl XLI


Prince will perform on February 4th at Dolphin Stadium. Because of Prince's universal appeal, CBS felt that Prince was the best fit for the performance. Since the 2004 Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" (yeah, right!) the NFL and CBS have been very cautious by choosing "safe" performers to avoid $550,000 fines that the FCC awarded them after the infamous Janet & Timberlake performance (Since then MTV has not been invited back to produce another show).

“He’s an electric performer whose body of work has appealed to a wide diverse audience over the years,” McCarthy said Friday. “We’ve had discussions with Prince and his management, and they understand the spotlight that performing on the world’s largest stage provides. We recognize that we are held to a higher standard in everything we do and we want to put on a show that is suitable for a mass audience.”
(source)

I think this will be a great performance, and I think they made a great choice (ok, I am a little biased because I LOVE PRINCE!!) So who cares what everyone else thinks, I'll be watching!

1 Vain Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ray U know I love Prince I can't wait. Noelle