Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Kanye West is Really The Louis Vuitton Don

Kanye West album cover

Takashi Murakami

Murakami Bag

What does Murakami and Kanye West have in common other than helping trend-set Louis Vuitton handbags?

Well, expect colorful packaging and design for Kanye's new album, Graduation, designed by the bag man himself, Takashi Murakami. Kanye left no stone unturned for this highly anticipated album. Takashi's art can sell for as much as $425,000. It pays to have people in high places!

7 Vain Comments:

valentine said...

I love this artist. I once crashed a small grafiti party in which he was one of the featured muralists. It was a highlight in the life Valentine. As for Mr. West, he's doing a bang up job at keeping yet another white man rich.

Anonymous said...

I love that Kayne is oh so stylish and Valentine hook Kayne upi with Tracey Reece so he can help a sister get rich.

Anonymous said...

Murakami is not white.

X

Anonymous said...

i believe she is referring to Louis Vuitton-not the artist, murakami when saying that kanye is keeping another white man rich

Anonymous said...

I wonder hum much kick back Kanye is getting from LVMH for all this. Probably nothing. They just give him a free lifetime supply of Louis Vuiton...Niggas! I mean Negroes! Can't wait for the CD though, I'll be pirating it!

Anonymous said...

I hate those Bags!! they remind me of sesame street.. Why do people like them. They are terrible

FRay

Love Ray

Anonymous said...

Ray- I dont think people with their right mind would even rock these anymore. I hated those bags when they first came out. But none the less, the artist himself is very talented. You should check out some of his art.