Thursday, May 10, 2007

Gangsta Sh*t: Pausing............ in Mid Sentence

Now before you view this in its entirety, check out the corny punk movements T.I. is doing while he performs. I like some of T.I.'s songs, but that concert looked lame as hell. He reminds me of a southern 9th grader circa 1993.
Word to T.I.: make your momma or T-lady proud and pull them britches up. I didn't know grown ass men with kids and three baby momma's still "sagged" that hard. Well..... he does have like 4 kids and I'm sure they bad as hell, so the reasoning behind not wearing a belt is understandable...lol

Oh yeah, it's not about what he looks like it's about how he gets real "Gangsta" on the crowd. He even mentions how he's not in school and how he's a grown ass man. I guess people in college can't be grown. Anyway, my favorite part is when he paused and looked at the bottle for like 4 seconds. We as black people know exactly what he was thinking right at that time. I actually felt him at that moment.

It brings me back to the time when I went to this event at a park in Harlem to see my friend model at this fashion show. You know how we do! We always gotta make some Fashion Fair type of designs and make a huge show out of it, "like somebody gone buy it", but my girl rocked it, I won't call her out this time.
But back to the story.... So my friend (Lady A) and I were standing and enjoying the blackness and culture of Harlem. It felt good to be around "us" and great food. As we stood and watched the show, behind us were some pissed and hot "grown folks" sitting in lawn chairs. Grown like "Uncle June and Aint May" type of grown. Actually like a hundred of them. We only paused to stand and watch for like a minute. To our dismay, we felt a hard sprinkle of water against our faces and back.....accompanied with a loud "oooooooOOHH" from the crowd. I guess we were in the way of their view of this bull shit fashion show. I will never forget this because my friend and I looked at eachother like "what is we gone do?" We are not fighters, we are so much lovers. But the 3rd ward (ghetto in Houston) kicked in real quick. We did the T.I. pause and checked our wet clothes. "I'm thinking, whoever this greasy tacky biaatch is, didn't just try to embarrass me in front of the hundreds of black folk out here in this hot ass sun" My mind begins to wonder... think quick....should I just get real niggerdly and shout ghetto girl obscenities to the crowd...on some "who the fuck did it? type-a-shit" or just be cool. Well you know what happened. Me and Lady A commenced to trash talkin', damn near started a fight...lol....nothing happened though.
It's all about steppin' up. People do lame shitty antics like this because they are jealous haters. Cause' after we went 3rd ward on they asses, no one stepped up to claim who done it. Thank God, because I wasn't trying to piss off nobody....you feel me...you know everyone knows everybody in the hood. I'm not trying to get jumped by Quan and nem.

The moral of the story is this, when you see a black person pause in mid sentence or rap, somethin aint right!

4 Vain Comments:

Ashley said...

You def. have to give it up to TI's swag. However, I have to agree with you Eddie Nicole...at no point has sagging ever been cool, but hell if you're gonna do it to that extreme might as well pull a Pretty Ricky and walk around in your drawls. I'm not saying we need to see the outline of your scrotum (I really don't want to know if you've got one nut instead of two), all I'm saying is...pull your pants up. Please! It just doesn't make sense. They're boxers...whoopteedoo!

Thank you. That is all.

Anonymous said...

You are damn right girl! I remember that, man that look he gave the bottle was the same look we had when those triflin' ppl threw whatever that was at us...shiiiiitttt my suburban ass sure did get very 'hood on them, I knew i had it in me LOL! I was surprised no one messed w/ us after that, sometimes you just gotta check them hoes! And abt TI, those pants were too damn low, it's not that serious TI, really that had to be uncomfortable and LOL to ashley & the pretty ricky comparison, hilarious!

Anonymous said...

The sag was a lil much T.I.P. (got nothin but love for ya honey)...but that pause boy! OG Triple OG. Mmmm. It's all in the swag. Yo, didn't it set it up to intro "What you know bout that?" I know the crowd got hype. I remember hearing your Harlem story...holitdawn, mayne. Bring that beat back. I'm ready, I'm ready! lol!

Anonymous said...

Ashley- I'm lovin how you used the word "drawls"

Lady A- You already know we got eachothers back on that shit. Can't let em see you sweat. As Kenny Rogers once said "know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run"
You see we didn't run!

Agapele- whomever you are, you must be an LS, with that last comment....lol