Saturday, September 22, 2007

Do You Remember Billy Jo Jive


When I ask people did they read "Billy Jo Jive the super private eye" as a kid? They would look at me like I'm nuts. But, I've found him!!! I forgot about the cartoons. He was so popular back in my day. As a kid I enjoyed reading Billy Jo Jive books so much, that often I couldn't wait for the nexted caper. After all these years, I've found it and now I know it wasn't a figment of my imagination! I was beginning to wonder.

Do You remember Billy Jo Jive!! ?


9 Vain Comments:

Anonymous said...

This cartoon looks hella cool.
I love how they really spoke jive in the cartoon. Although that's some stereotypical shit, it's very reminiscent of the 70's Cooley High period. I wish I was around during that time...LMAO

VANITY PAGES said...

Cute! Eddie, very Cute!

valentine said...

It's a cool cartoon but, Billy Joe Jive sounds like a white guy is doing the voice over. We all know that in reality if Billy was trying to open some white family's door his ass would have locked up with the quickness. Meanwhile Wrong Way Willy had the key all along. Says a certain friend you all met for brunch.

Ashley said...

I don't remember Billy Jo Jive, but I do remember Hawk Jones. Now if someone knows about Hawk Jones, I promise I will take you to dinner.

Seeing as how the majority of the readers are women, by dinner, I mean I'll give you a high five.

Ashley said...

Ok, so I found the link...

NO one prolly remembers this movie but me, and I wish Youtube had the whole thing, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpFTtoTRjpU

VANITY PAGES said...

Thanks Ashley, I will check it out!

VANITY PAGES said...

Hey, Ashley I checked it out. I'm not familiar with Hawk Jones, but it was cute. Thanks for your comment


Ms Ray

Anonymous said...

I remember it well....i even have an animation cel of the cartoon..

dham said...

Just in case if you are interested.
a new website just went up.
www.BillyJoJive.com