Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Introducing: Mr. Dontrelle Alowishus Washington (pronounced: WARSH-ing-TON)


Don't hate on my kitty kat, Dontrelle. He's cute and the new addition to me and Eddie Nicole's home. Now let's get to the business. We purposely named him Mr. Washington because I noticed that my beloved brutha's and sista's (lol) can't ever seem to pronounce words with R's in them right. Maybe its a southern thing but I find it hilarious. Have you noticed that words without R's in them seem to be placed in the word and words with R's in them seem to be omitted? Need an example, here you go:

"Girl, go wash those dishes" becomes, "Girl, go warsh those dishes"

or at church...

"We invite you to worship with us..." becomes, "We invite you to wusshup with us"
better yet, the word "church" becomes, "chuch"

or...

"Let me introduce you to Mr. Washington" becomes, "Let me introduce you to Mr. Warshington"

and last but not least, one of my personal favorites...

"I need to do some research on the computer" becomes, "I need to do some research on the compruter"

What the hell people!!?? So that's why Eddie and I decided to name the kitty Dontrelle Alowishus WARSHington because a person with the name Dontrelle Alowishus would probably pronounce their last name as Warshington!

*One more thing...big shout out to Leon over at listentoleon.net for making my soul sister Eddie Nicole the winner of his photoshop challenge-Eddie's got the graphic design skills to pay tha bills! (corny I know, but whatever!) You gotta check this dude out, he keeps me laughing everyday!

Live. Laugh. Love. Lady A :)

2 Vain Comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF? I can't believe ya'll got a cat!!! I thought we hated cats! Not to mention, I'm a tad bit allergic. I'm really surprised. Holla.
-Rocky

valentine said...

WOW!
I had a conversation with a guy that insisted on saying compruter to someone like me. I tried so hard not to laugh but I couldn't keep the big koolaid grin off. I wasn't listening to anything he said, all I heard was: Waugh, Waugh, Waugh, compruter, Waugh ,Waugh, compruter. Lol. That is definitely some country s@#t. I'm a city girl R's are where they belong. I am guilty of the New York "Wawshiten".