Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hump Day: Stop Humpin' Around Part One









First, let me start by introducing myself and thanking Vanity Pages for allowing me to add my two cents to the blog! You can call me Dr. Rocky, I’ll be your resource for all things medical. As a newly minted physician, I feel I would be remiss if I didn’t bring some very important issues to the forefront, so here I am!

After recently getting married and moving to Atlanta, GA, (a.k.a. Black Hollywood, a.k.a. modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, a.k.a. 7th level of Hell) I have become increasingly frustrated at the state of medical affairs in our community. During our weekly dish sessions on life, Eddie Nicole and I came to the realization that we are totally uninspired and absolutely must do something about it. On one of my first trips to the ATL, I had a conversation with this guy that really made me both sad and angry at the same time. He told me about a blood drive held at a local nightclub. Apparently, after collecting about 500 blood samples, the staff realized that they would have to trash about half of them because they were positive for HIV. Let me just say that this is purely heresay and I have no way of proving whether or not this is true. But, as if this wasn’t enough, I heard that when Houston (a.k.a. greatest city ever, a.k.a. New Orleans II, a.k.a. Syrup City) held its “Hip Hop for HIV” concert (instead of buying tickets they were free with proof of a recent HIV test), 10,000 test results were positive! WTF Black People? Ok, we need to talk about this….

Stay Tuned for Part Deux Next Week!

7 Vain Comments:

Anonymous said...

Love IT

Ms Ray

Anonymous said...

This is really sad. We have to take responsibility for us as black people and make some changes in our lives. I'm feeling the DOC on here. She's cute too.

VANITY PAGES said...

Thanks Brandon!
We need to very careful, and more responsible in dating. We need to always wear condoms, because we don't know.

Ms Ra;y

Anonymous said...

First of all, I'd like to say that Im so proud of u Rocky! Good info although very scary-stop humpin' around w/out condoms people!

Anonymous said...

You right Doc. What else can be done? You would think that people would be informed by now. Hasn't America been dealing with this outbreak since the 80's.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the comments and encouragement (oh, and the cute compliment, loved that one). Stay tuned for part deux, that one's really gonna get you!
-Dr. Rocky

Anonymous said...

That shit is really scary. The HIV rate in DC and Baltimore is crazy right now, so I can imagine that Atlanta and Houston are going through it just as bad.

One of my best friends from high school is also practicing medicine in Atlanta, adding to that 8%!