Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Awww Sh*t: It's Going Down! Jennifer Hudson stars in "Sex in the City"

Some major news has hit the media. I am so excited that "Sex in the City" will feature Lil Miss Effie White herself, Jennifer Hudson as Carrie's (SJP) assistant. Her name is Louise (Ooh I hope she's not soulful, the name sounds kind of homely..right!) I can't wait for this movie.
About time they decided to throw one of us in there. Damn! As much as I love me some Sex and this City, I always wondered why the Foursome never had any black girl associates or friends. The black chick, (who happened to be a very attractive cab driver by the way, how many cute black cab drivers do ya'll see in the city), who bought Carrie a hot dog after her book signing was the only black girl with a line a can remember. That shit didn't count to me, but I kept watching until the very end. I longed for Tracy Ellis Ross or Nia Long to have some kind of cameo appearance, but nope. Instead, they gave us fine ass Blair Underwood the role as Robert Leeds, the NBA doctor. Did ya'll catch any discrepancies with this? First of all, it's believable that a black NBA doctor would date a female of the other persuasion. But dating Miranda....I have a problem with that! Miranda is pale, she had that crooked tooth, and she was kind of fleshy and dorky. That relationship was never believable in my opinion. But, I totally love Miranda's character with her cynical attitude. Anyway, I am happy for J. Hud, I was getting kind of worried about her career, since her widely anticipated album got pushed back.

9 Vain Comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute for her. Good job Jen

Anonymous said...

i just saw an episode of Sex in the city-the one when samantha caught richard going down on some other chick and he was trying to get her back...well there was a part in that episode where samantha made these flyers calling richard a dirty dog and she was handing them out to ppl on the street. a female cop came up to her and said "ma'am u cant do that on the street w/ out a permit" or something like that. Well that female cop was chandra wilson (dr. bailey from greys anatomy) so i said all of this to say, Hey! there was another black chick featured on sex and the city! lol, too bad she only had one line

Anonymous said...

was listening to satellite radio and heard this chick ranting because jhud got this role. she feels that she is an "academy award winning star" and shouldn't be offered crappy roles such as being an assistant. hellloooooo! she won that oscar for singing, it's not like she's really proved herself as a stellar actress. give me a break. she should be happy to be a part of this huge project.
-Rocky

Anonymous said...

LMAO! well said! Im not really a fan of Blair Underwood...no matter what role he played, he always gave me a shady vibe(especially in "Madea's Family Reunion"). But the relationship with Miranda was far-fetched. Sam would have been a better choice, except she already 'went there' with the music producer who had a chef sister that didnt him dating white chicks. LOL...funny episode. Anywhoo...you're very right in saying that S.A.T.C. never really did incorporate black folks into the show. I could really see Tracey Ellis Ross popping in for a few episodes. Good choice. Props for another chill post!

Anonymous said...

I remember see model Janine Green in the break up post it episode, at the bar when charlotte gets to show off her 2nd engagement...Anyway, I don't really care that there were no black women continuous characters on the show.
The show was about white women and their sex...why do black women need to be party to that?
I'm glad for the show Girlfriends which is not so racy, there's no nudity, they talk about sex and love, and other issues that hit home more.
In real life, I don't have any white women friends outside of work.

deewright1 said...

as for jennifer hudson winning the role, she did prove herself as an actress and singer I thought, in the Dreamgirls...maybe i need to watch it again...Anyway, it would be disappointing if they don't make her role memorable.

Ashley said...

Don't forget the episode (season six I think) when Samantha dated the black music exec. His sister, a black woman, was portrayed as the stereotypical angry/anti-interracial relationship sista.

She spoke for about a third of the episode.

Anonymous said...

Ashley- Congrats by the way.

And yeah I forgot about that episode

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Great post and nice one 'J- Hud'!!