Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Faux Paux for Danny


I was gonna put this in the Debacles sidebar but I feel that D'Angelo should get some extra days of face time before I do another search of fashion faux pauxs. Danny was and still is one of my favorite America's Next Top model winners. I know she's on her paper chase and everything, but what in the Dress Barn Hell is going on in her world. With her new found celebrity and modeling skills, why would Wilhemenia allow her to do this? Yuck and Gross!! Speak up Girl! You got fans and shit!
I know we've been lax on the fashion post, but don't fret my pet, fashion week and the fall season is right around the corner and we will definitely be in attendance or stuntin from the sidelines. Hey! MAKE IT WORK!!

7 Vain Comments:

Anonymous said...

yes indeed, that pic looks very dress barn...gross

Anonymous said...

WTF? What if she just feels good in those clothes? My wife has done some modeling, not anything like "the next top model", but some. She still wears PJs out to the stores and stuff. It is just her. Let a girl breath, and stop all of this stupidness about having it your way, this ain't Berger King Jack!

Anonymous said...

It's Burger King, Jack! And I don't get your point. She is a model. Models can choose what kind of clothes they would wear or won't wear for photo shoots. This outfit is not what she would originally wear in real life. Therefore I would hope that she would never step out of the house looking like this. I don't know how old you are, but from your response it sounds as if your in your mid 40's. Yeah it's cool to wear pj's to the store, my mom does it all the time. Key word "mom". Danny is in her early 20's. Think about it!

Laydia said...

OH MY WORD!! Jesus stop the car!!! WOW. Ummm yeah. I can't really comment on that one righ there...

BTW, where the hell is my Project Runway?! I'm getting tired of waiting!

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Hey, you've been tagged as a Rockin Girl Blogger! Check my blog for details...

Anonymous said...

Hey, dont knock the hustle. Granted, the clothes are terrible, but you and I have both seen some completely horrendous and impractical 'haute couture'. She's paying her dues and getting paid!

VANITY PAGES said...

Ummm. It's just so dated. I hate to look at it. But I guess she's trying to make a living. If I were her, I would not put this spread in my portfolio at such a young age, that's all I'm saying. She looks like she's a 35 year old model. In the modeling world, you really have to be careful on what work you chose, even if you're broke and struggling because it could do damage to one's career. Designers such as Marc Jacobs and Chloe would probably not book her if they saw this. They would not want people to say..."Hey isn't that the model in the Dress Barn Catalog"...not a good look.