Friday, April 13, 2007

Tight Jeans and Chains

So I went out with a fellow contributor to the Canal Room to check out Chrisette Michele's performance along with local artists, Franklin Bridge and Peter Hadar. I can say I had a great time. Shout out to Mathew at Muzic Theory for allowing us to check out the performances.

As we stood around for about an hour and a half before any artists performed, I began to check out the swagger and the lack there of around me. Usually when I go to events where the majority audience is urban, there is always an outfit that catches my eye. I usually start with the females just to see if I've missed out on anything in the style department as far as for my wardrobe. Nada! Not a damn chick impressed me. Not that every time you go out you have to look all jazzed up, but this is New York City baby! Everyone is forcing to make a statement some way or another. I'm thinking, "I know there's some wanna be actresses and models in the house". Nothing! After the let down from the ladies, I casually checked out the guys. It's funny because anytime I made eye-contact with some of the gentlemen, they gave me the sex eyes. You know:"I see you looking at me girl!"- No Boo! I'm checking out those tight ass True Religion jeans you're wearing. What's up with the hood boys wearing tight jeans along with the played out belt loop chain? The look is so tired and boring. What happened to baggy jeans?


Lil Wayne wearing tight jeans and stupid chain



With all that said, I did find three young men who I felt represented themselves very well. Here are great examples on how to effortlessly step out to a mellow event after work:



It doesn't take much to impress me when it comes to men's wear. The camel wool overcoat with the same color cardigan was what caught my eye. I love men who wear tailored wool coats!

My cousin Duncan (not really my cousin, we kind of resemble though) here looks like a distinguished gentleman all the way. This is a great example of how to wear a tie with jeans. Note: he did not expose the tie, he used it as an accessory to not take away from the relaxed look paired with the jeans. He even has the umbrella to top the look off. Prepared for the New York weather!


Jumz, was the first guy that caught my eye. I could tell that he was not a fashion savvy kind of guy, just by his laid back manner. Any other wanna- be- cool dresser would not have worn this short trench with a closed hoody. Which brings me to my next point: hoodies can look clean without wearing a damn blazer!

Peace and Blessings,


Eddie Nicole



5 Vain Comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see men dressed clean and relaxed. I hate when guys try to out do the females. It's Whack!!

Anonymous said...

Good looking men captured in their true element...."stylish" without trying to be......clean cut, smooth like they rolled out of bed, opened their closet and put on the first fly thing they saw...i'm feelin it!

Anonymous said...

Where will you be next? I need to make sure I'm straight for my papparzi shot!

Anonymous said...

stfu who go to hell skinny jeans are bomb u bitch as ghettoe slut.

Anonymous said...

The last time any fitted jean let alone skinny jean was popular for men was back in 1980 whatever. It took all of the 90's and the first 6 or 7 years of this decade for fitted/tight styles to come back for men. Let's embrace it while we can, especially when you're a slim guy who looks skeletal in baggy clothes.