Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hip-Hop Presents Sa-Ra, The Hollywood Recordings



I am pretty damn excited about this group and I really don't know why. It's not like I have their record or I've witnessed a performance, but I have heard snippets from their myspace page. Myspace is a magical thing because those snippets I heard were indeed magical. Not to sound corny, but I feel that with all the lack-luster crap that's being pumped out of the radio I feel these guys deserve a chance to be heard.

A product of Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music Imprint, Sa-Ra, meaning "offspring of the most powerful energy in the universe" has captivated quite an audience from the likes of Dr. Dre to Jurassic 5. The Sa-Ra Trio, Om'Mas Keith, Taz Arnold, and Shafiq Husayn not only creates for the act of making music for the world but for the universe. Om'Mas says: "People have come to expect and associate Sa-Ra with that which is overtly male, sexual, and free. Anything that you're going to see will be free, colorful, majestic, grand, magic, spiritual--all of those are the terminologies that we associate with our brand."

I even tried to pirate some shit on limewire and I couldn't find anything, so this better be good. It might not save hip-hop in it's entirety, but it will bring the creativity that is missing back to the table.

Peace and Blessings.





1 Vain Comments:

Anonymous said...

These guys look cool as hell, I'm going to have to check them out.